[Amps] Equalising the air flow on Commander 2500 tubes/replacement neopr

To: <amps@contesting.com>
Subject: [Amps] Equalising the air flow on Commander 2500 tubes/replacement neoprene chimneys
From: "Steve Ireland" <vk6vz@arach.net.au>
Date: Thu, 26 Jul 2018 16:15:19 +0800
G’day everyone

A good friend of mine has recently acquired a Commander 2500 which is need of
repair/rebuild after a long and hard life.

On taking the amp apart, he noticed one of the neoprene chimneys on the (two)
3CX800 tubes was more melted than the other.  He then put the amp’s fan on and
discovered the tube with the more melted chimney was receiving considerably
less air flow than the other, owing to a screen placed between the two tubes.

A potential solution was to replace the solid screen with a mesh one, but I
said it was likely that someone on this reflector had already come up with a
solution/modification to solve this problem and I’d ask for him.

It also occurred to me that someone may know where some suitable neoprene can
be purchased, so he can make replacement chimneys for the two tubes.  Any ideas
on this would also be approached.

Vy 73

Steve, VK6VZ

---