Re: [Amps] 8877 HF amp cathode wiring

To: "'Jim Thomson'" <jim.thom@telus.net>, <amps@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [Amps] 8877 HF amp cathode wiring
From: "Jim" <jimw7ry@gmail.com>
Date: Sun, 19 Aug 2018 21:53:58 -0500
I've done it both ways and either seems to work fine. There are 2 schools of
thought on connecting the filament to the cathode to keep arcing from
happening between the filament and the cathode. I've used spark gaps from
filament to ground to prevent this.

And I've not used them.  Since the 8877 has no issues with parasitics, any
of the methods have worked well for me.

I run 8877 amplifiers at 1500 watts output on RTTY contests on all bands.

73

Jim W7RY