Re: [Amps] When to leave the amp on vs turn off.

To: Amps@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [Amps] When to leave the amp on vs turn off.
From: "Gary Smith" <Gary@ka1j.com>
Date: Sun, 26 Aug 2018 22:46:53 -0400
Hi Jim, Yes, thanks, I meant the motor,
the squirrel cage is fine. Although I did
mention some years back that I gave the
cage a thorough cleaning and went over it
with a Dremel wire brush. There was enough
crud that had accumulated on the blower
that the turbulence was audible. Taking
the 45 minutes or so to clean it
thoroughly was worth it from a noise
standpoint. I considered spraying it with
enamel to make the surface even more
aerodynamic but did not do so, thinking it
might upset the cage's balance if the
paint was too thick on one area. The cage
already has a weight added to one of the
vanes like a wheel weight gets added, so
proper balance with these apparently is an
issue.

73,
Gary, KA1J