Re: [Amps] Fwd: Fwd: *** PGXL Questions on CW Operation

To: amps@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [Amps] Fwd: Fwd: *** PGXL Questions on CW Operation
From: Victor Rosenthal 4X6GP <k2vco.vic@gmail.com>
Date: Wed, 31 Oct 2018 16:37:14 +0200
1. Jim, you said "all communication is via the internet," but in the quote from Gerald below, he said "ethernet." There is a big difference since local ethernet is very fast, while the internet would introduce a long latency period. I think you meant to write "ethernet?"

2. He said "The relays are rated for a maximum contact bounce of 7 ms. That plus some time to control the relay we allow for 10 ms. This is on the order of the fastest transceiver key down to RF out."

No it isn't. The K3 can have as little as 4.5 ms (QRQ mode, per N6TV, who measured it) and normally allows just 8 ms. It can be set for longer delay, but that affects the keying.

Your comment about saving a few bucks in a $7K amplifier is on target.

73,
Victor, 4X6GP
Rehovot, Israel
Formerly K2VCO