Re: [Amps] SB220 plate meter question

To: gudguyham@aol.com
Subject: Re: [Amps] SB220 plate meter question
From: Warren Volz <warren@warrenvolz.com>
Date: Wed, 21 Nov 2018 00:51:58 -0700
Lou,

I realized I never followed up with you on your reply. So a year later here is
the result of my investigation.

The red “+” wire for the plate meter had some melted insulation and while I
don’t think that was causing the issue, I replaced that wire just in case.
After that I cleaned and retightened the contacts for the meter including
replacement of the dried up rubber washers against the back side of the meter.
So far everything is good. As you can imagine the metering board resistors all
checked out ok.

The only negative outcome was I accidentally bumped the meter movement while
cleaning and I believe may have bent the indicator slightly. It’s still close
enough but some day I’ll have to try straightening it.

Thanks as always for your help!

-Warren KD5YPH