Re: [Amps] High temp magnet wire?

To: <k3lr@k3lr.com>, <amps@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [Amps] High temp magnet wire?
From: "Jeff DePolo" <jd0@broadsci.com>
Date: Mon, 3 Dec 2018 12:20:08 -0500
> Looking for #20 high temperature magnet wire - sometimes
> referred to as Thermaleze.
>
> Need high temp rating for a plate choke rebuild.
> Tim K3LR

High-temp as in 200 deg C?  That's what most polyamide magnet wires like
Thermaleze are rated for.  Enamel-coated is rated lower, like anywhere from
120C to 200C depending on the type.

I've bought magnet wire from this company: www.remingtonindustries.com.
They specialize in this kind of thing, including re-spooling bulk wire onto
smaller spools for end-user sales.  Here is the 200 degree polyamide 20AWG
version that I think you're looking for, made by Essex (watch the wrap):

https://www.remingtonindustries.com/magnet-wire/magnet-wire-200c-20-awg-poly
amideimide-7-spool-sizes/?sku=20H200P.125

                                --- Jeff WN3A

---