Re: [Amps] L4B startup after a long sleep?

To: amps@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [Amps] L4B startup after a long sleep?
From: Stan Gammons <s_gammons@charter.net>
Date: Tue, 11 Dec 2018 22:42:33 -0600
I would set the meter to grid current and use a variac to first power it up. Unless you have a 240 volt AC variac, you may have to rewire the power supply and RF deck for a 110 volts AC variac. There might be a loud bang if one plugs the amp in and just turns it on. Tubes could be gassy from setting so long and arc over when full plate voltage is applied.

Harbach makes a replacement power supply board for the L-4B and the L-7.  I think that board is what I have in my L-4B power supply.

Good luck with the amp. The L-4B is a nice old American made amp.

73

Stan
KM4HQE