Re: [Amps] Input relay for QSK amp

To: amps@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [Amps] Input relay for QSK amp
From: Victor Rosenthal 4X6GP <k2vco.vic@gmail.com>
Date: Wed, 19 Dec 2018 06:28:45 +0200
I agree about the need for "lock on". I was planning on implementing an SWR protection circuit, in which high SWR would open the amp key line, when I suddenly realized that this is exactly what NOT to do! An antenna malfunction in such a case would hot-switch at least the input relay. A safer way to do it would be to have the SWR detector apply a voltage to the transceiver's ALC input, or open the transceiver's key line.

73,
Victor, 4X6GP
Rehovot, Israel
Formerly K2VCO