[Amps] Plate Loading Padding Caps

To: amps@contesting.com
Subject: [Amps] Plate Loading Padding Caps
From: Ham H <kghams@gmail.com>
Date: Fri, 21 Dec 2018 18:43:55 -0500
I see this has been talked about before but I have not found the
information I need.

I have an Amp Supply LK-500 that has bad load padding caps on 80 Meters.
The factory caps were 470Pf 5 Kv N3300. I dont believe that was a great
choice for this application as they are badly heating.

I know I need class 1 NPO COG caps with 1 KVAR but a source for these
eludes me. Most web locations have either no data sheets or data sheets
that give little useful information.

Where can I find the proper RF transmit caps. I have no room for doorknobs
so ceramic is my only choice. I have located caps with NPO and COG rating
at the proper Kv rating but no data sheet so they are a crap shoot.

These magic small Chinese caps with huge voltage ratings at first glance
look tempting until you look closely at them and see they wont last long in
RF use.

Thanks

Gary K4MT