Re: [Amps] SSR in amp PS not working as expected

To: amps@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [Amps] SSR in amp PS not working as expected
From: Jim <jimw7ry@gmail.com>
Date: Sun, 6 Jan 2019 20:06:27 -0600
Hey Ulf....

The late Paul, WD7S, had issues with this too... Or was it was the late Jerry, K8RA... I don't remember. Both great guys!

One of them had the same issue where they had to add a resistor across the primary of the plate transformer to stop this exact thing.

Take a look at WD7S's site. It's till on line... You may find were has pictures of the resistor across the transformer primary and an explanation of why...

I don't like solid state relays for this reason and others in this application. I still use sealed 20 or 25 amp relays. Never had a failure yet.

Let us know.
73
Jim W7RY

Thanks