Re: [Amps] SB-220 Problem has me stumped, looking for some guidance on w

To: amps@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [Amps] SB-220 Problem has me stumped, looking for some guidance on what to look at next
From: Colin Cooper via Amps <amps@contesting.com>
Date: Tue, 15 Jan 2019 19:36:06 -0500
Thats to everyone who responded, Lou W1QJ pointed me in the right direction and
its working correctly now. It was the parasitic suppressors!

I took a look at the suppressors that I had built 5 or 6 years ago and lo and
behold, *the values were wrong on the resistors* , additionally I’m not
convinced they were of the non-inductive variety. Whoops.

I unsoldered the ones I initially used and replaced them with 2 100ohm 3 watt
non-inductive type, plugged it in, turned it on, keyed it up and BoohYah, 95ma
Idle current in CW mode.

Thanks again everyone!

-Colin
K8MDX