[Amps] Alpha 87A Fault 37 and No LEDs

To: <amps@contesting.com>
Subject: [Amps] Alpha 87A Fault 37 and No LEDs
From: "Mike" <w5cul@sbcglobal.net>
Date: Sat, 19 Jan 2019 18:21:36 -0600
So today I fired up my Alpha 87A for the first time in several months.  It
powered up for about 30 seconds then shut down with a Fault 37.  The fault
code basically indicates the Bandswitch is not moving.  But what I find
peculiar is that none of the LEDs come on either.  This would lead me to
believe something more than just the Bandswitch issue.  So here are the
things I have done so far:

Manually moved the Bandswitch, returning it back to its original position.
The thought here is a stuck motor that needs a little assistance to get past
a sticking point.  Got the same Fault.

Pulled the Front Panel and unseated reseated all connections on the Motor
Driver Board.  Got the same Fault.

Went into the Low Voltage Board and unseated reseated all connections.  Got
the same Fault

Pulled all the connections from the Transformer and reseated them.  Got the
same Fault

Pulled the Tubes and attempted to fire up the Amp.  Got the same Fault

Thinking that there is difference between turning the Amp on using the
Rocker Switch versus a Remote Command, tried that as well.  Got the same
Fault.

At least the fault is consistent, but it is those LEDs not coming on that
really has me wondering.  I would have thought at least the Wait and or
maybe even the Fault LED would have lit, however briefly, but nothing.

So here is the ask, anyone out there with an Alpha 87A ever experience this,
or maybe know of someone who has, or has knowledge of such a Fault?  I have
searched the Web high and low and have not seen any buzz about this fault at
all or even any similar description of such events.  So I am kind of
shooting blindly in the dark here, scratching my head wondering what else I
can possibly do to narrow this down to the evil culprit that is causing
this.  Yes, I do know electronic Gremlins exist, but I did not see any
evidence of such as they usually leave little solder balls laying around.

Thank  you,

Mike

W5CUL