[Amps] QRO 2500 MARK lll

To: amps@contesting.com
Subject: [Amps] QRO 2500 MARK lll
From: Bob Gibson via Amps <amps@contesting.com>
Date: Sat, 16 Mar 2019 21:45:44 +0000 (UTC)
I have a problem that just came up with my QRO amp..First I blew a 1/2a fuse on
the bias board..I replaced it turned it back on then a 1/2a fuse blew on the LV
and bias board again but not the same fuse..Screen voltage is OK and HV is OK.
When I hit with 10 watts the fault light comes on and kicks the amp off and I
see the grid current meter go all the way over..I see no burnt parts or smell
parts...could this be a grid short in one of the tubes? I have pulled the tubes
and nothing looks bad below..I think I will send the tubes down and have them
check just to make sure it is not a problem with one of them..Bob W5RG