Re: [Amps] 3cx800a7 chimeny

To: amps@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [Amps] 3cx800a7 chimeny
From: Bill Weinel <tube.radio@gmail.com>
Date: Mon, 17 Jun 2019 14:01:20 -0400
On Friday, June 14, 2019 7:54:16 PM EDT Ted Rachwal wrote:
> Looking for a chimney for a 3CX800A7 tube...RF parts wants a fortune for
> them!  Anyone have an extra around to sell me, need just one?

Ted,

No sense paying exorbitant prices for stuff you can make yourself cheap. You
can purchase the material to make your own from McMaster-Carr at
http://www.mcmaster.com

Here at the items you need:

High-Temperature Silicone Rubber Sheet
4" Wide, 1/8" Thick                             2614T45
$11.96

Loctite Silicone Sealant, 2.7 oz.. Tube, Clear
                                                        7770A27
        $11.79

If you need taller chimneys, you can purchase wider silicon sheeting for a few
dollars more.

73 Bill W4WHW