[Amps] Fwd: R: Modification to extend key down time for 2K-FA

To: ko7ss=yahoo.com@groups.io
Subject: [Amps] Fwd: R: Modification to extend key down time for 2K-FA
From: "Joe Giacobello, K2XX via Amps" <amps@contesting.com>
Date: Mon, 11 Nov 2019 11:39:08 -0500
Bill, I'm not sure you're aware of a simple mod to the 2K that allows about a 10 second key-down time at 1.5K output.  It also requires a FW revision as the attached reply to my 2013 query to Gianfranco of SPE explains.  It's obviously not a sea change, but it might give you wnough extra leeway for an RTTY test exchange.  I have not made the mod myself.  I'm not sure whether the mod is relavent to later serial numbers.

73, Joe
K2XX