Re: [Amps] ten tec centurion qsk

To: amps@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [Amps] ten tec centurion qsk
From: Robert Arenella <rja12@comcast.net>
Date: Mon, 9 Dec 2019 17:35:50 -0500
On 12/9/2019 1:07 PM, gudguyham--- via Amps wrote:
The amp should not pull any plate current in standby.  If it does, you either have a
shorted tube or a shorted pass transistor in the bias circuit which is common in that
amp.  A good tube arc will cause that.

I agree with Lou's statement 100%. Way back when, I owned a TT Centurion.....Turned it on one day.....Bright purple flash and a bang. Ordered a new set of Eimac 3-500z's & installed them. Fired up the amp & it was drawing Ip with no drive. Replaced the 2N3055 transistor & all was fine.

73,
Bob
N2OAM