Re: [Amps] Low efficiency on 160 m

To: Steve <g8gsq72@gmail.com>, amps@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [Amps] Low efficiency on 160 m
From: Jim Garland <4cx250b@miamioh.edu>
Date: Mon, 16 Dec 2019 11:03:24 -0700
Good advice, Steve. Markku should also check the calibration of his RF wattmeter. In my experience, these often become quite inaccurate at the low end of the HF spectrum, and always in the direction of reduced sensitivity. It might turn out he doesn't have an efficiency problem, after all!

(When I need to measure RF power accurately, I measure the p-p RF voltage across a dummy load with a well-calibrated high frequency oscilloscope (in my case, a Tek 2465B)

73,

Jim W8ZR