Re: [Amps] Amp causing RFI

To: amps@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [Amps] Amp causing RFI
From: Jim <jimw7ry@gmail.com>
Date: Fri, 31 Jan 2020 19:27:08 -0600
Agreed!

Thanks
73
Jim W7RY

On 1/28/2020 6:01 PM, Ron Koenig wrote:
Please don't take the ground rod advice..
Ron, WV4P

On Tue, Jan 28, 2020, 5:58 PM John Bodine <john.bodine@gmail.com> wrote:

Drive a ground rod close to your operating position and connect to it. Your
problems will be cured.

On Tue, Jan 28, 2020, 11:38 AM Gary Hendricks <k4mt1950@charter.net>
wrote:

I have a Tentec Hercules II amplifier. When I am on 40 meters only it
sets off my neighbors outside motion light. I know these lights are a
problem, but what has me concerned is when I run my old SB-230 at the
same power level his light does not come on.
Do you think this indicates some purity issues with the Tentec amp?
Maybe something in the VHF range?
I wonder if an old fashioned low pass filter might help. Any ideas?
Gary K4MT