Re: [Amps] 3CX3000A7 on 144 MHz

To: amps@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [Amps] 3CX3000A7 on 144 MHz
From: Martin Sole <hs0zed@gmail.com>
Date: Sun, 9 Feb 2020 08:01:06 +0700
The third option of course is homebrew.

If you are in a position to be home building a 3CX3000A7 amplifier I would not think this to be a major hurdle and of course there is much info available on the web https://ludens.cl/Electron/trafos/trafos.html and re-purposing an old transformer core and primary should be eminently doable so all you need to wind is the secondary.

Not many turns for 7.5v though you might need a few in parallel for the current of course.

Might be worth spending a few hours with some old books, I recall the Radiotron books have a lot of transformer winding formation.

Martin, HS0ZED