[Amps] Henry 2K-4 Failure

To: amps@contesting.com
Subject: [Amps] Henry 2K-4 Failure
From: john@kk9a.com
Date: Fri, 20 Mar 2020 07:43:40 -0500
What a quick and accurate response you got on AMPS to your 2K-4 issue!

GL
John KK9A

Mark - N5OT wrote

I was not thinking about checking the continuity in the tubes themselves
when I balked at opening up the amp deep enough to check the continuity
at the sockets!  I didn't connect those dots initially.

So anyway, you guys straightened me out.  Here's how it went:

Check tubes cold.  One tube has a grid to cathode short.  Problem solved.

Put two new (used) tubes in, amp runs like it should.

Thanks!

73 - Mark N5OT