[Amps] SB220 Meter blown...follow up hope

To: <amps@contesting.com>
Subject: [Amps] SB220 Meter blown...follow up hope
From: "Jim Thomson" <jim.thom@telus.net>
Date: Sat, 16 May 2020 07:51:34 -0700
Date: Fri, 15 May 2020 14:12:57 -0500
From: Paul Kraemer <elespe@lisco.com>
To: amps@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [Amps] SB220 Meter blown...follow up hope

<That will certainly test the meter movement!? It will pin hard once that
<then you will know it is bad.

<NEVER TEST A METER MOVEMENT WITH A OHMMETER!

<Paul K0UYA

##  Never  had a  problem  so  far..with  my  fluke  87  across meter
movements..and  they  were  0- 1  ma  types,  if  I  remember  correctly.
I  think  this  was  with  87A  manually switched to lower scales.

##  I  used to  wire  rvs  connected diodes  across  both  plate   and also
grid  meter.
These days  I just  wire the  rvs  diodes..  between  B-  and  chassis.  In
some  cases
2  diodes are used in  series...  4  in  total.
In  some  cases, a resistor is  wired in series  with  each  rvs  connected
diode...that  was a
W6WRT  trick..which  works  good.

Jim   VE7RF