Re: [Amps] SB-220 6M conversion

To: Mike Smith VE9AA <ve9aa@nbnet.nb.ca>, "amps@Contesting.com" <amps@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [Amps] SB-220 6M conversion
From: Artek Manuals <Manuals@ArtekManuals.com>
Date: Sat, 6 Jun 2020 12:05:01 -0400
I have access to an "SB-226"  locally which I have studied it and measured the component values in detail ( nothing magical there)

I dont have the same Plate tune cap (exactly) but I am very close
I tried a coil which was a duplicate to King Conversion  coil and  I ended up using a section of the original SB-220 tank ..there was no difference

I have made some progress this morning ( up to 750 watts in SSB mode) by "strapping" some additional grounds. This is a very old 220 and stored in not the best environment (power transformer is rusty as an example)

This afternoon I plan on finding as many ground connections as possible and "clean" them up, then going to do the hard ground of the grids mods

Dave
NR1DX