[Amps] RM Italy BLA350

To: amps@contesting.com
Subject: [Amps] RM Italy BLA350
From: Martin Sole <hs0zed@gmail.com>
Date: Mon, 22 Jun 2020 17:40:45 +0700
Hi,

I have been asked to look at the subject amplifier which the owner accidentally applied 200 watts to the input of. Specification states 12-14 watts maximum drive.

All 4 of the 18 ohm resistors in the drain to gate feedback are burned up as are 2 resistors on the secondary of the input power sense coupler.

Have unsoldered the drain and gate tabs and lifted them. Resistance measurements look sensible
So it looks like a handful of resistors so far

There is a 3dB input attenuator, monolithic device just marked 3dB, not sure what sort of resistance measurement I should see across it or to ground.

What else might need to be looked at?

I have the schematics but there is no circuit description. Does anyone here have experience with these RM amplifiers? It looks fairly well built if a little lightweight but not bad for a 300 watt amplifier.

Martin, HS0ZED