Re: [Amps] SB-221 Power Gain

To: "amps@contesting.com" <amps@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [Amps] SB-221 Power Gain
From: Michael Tope <W4EF@dellroy.com>
Date: Sun, 2 Aug 2020 19:51:39 -0700
Thanks to everyone who responded to my questions. The consensus of the responses is that the numbers I am getting are typical for an SB-221 with 100 watts drive. I agree with those who suggested that the power supply and cooling scheme in the amp are weak points so it doesn't make much sense push the tubes towards higher output power levels.

73, Mike W4EF............