Re: [Amps] UM4001CR pin diode source - or Alpha 86 vac relay mad

To: Chris Wilson <chris@chriswilson.tv>, Amps Reflector <amps@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [Amps] UM4001CR pin diode source - or Alpha 86 vac relay mad
From: "Bob Wilson, N6TV" <n6tv@arrl.net>
Date: Fri, 7 Aug 2020 13:55:15 -0700
If the receiver goes dead when you switch the Alpha 86 from transmit to
operate, it usually means the LittleFuse on the receive pin bias board has
opened.  Check that first.  It's easy to replace; just remove the top
cover, and it is right there, near the center of the rear panel.  I had to
replace that fuse several times, usually after transmitting on 160m;
nothing wrong with the PIN diodes.

73,
Bob, N6TV