[Amps] Water and Electricity

To: amps@contesting.com
Subject: [Amps] Water and Electricity
From: Mark - N5OT <r-emails@n5ot.com>
Date: Sun, 14 Feb 2021 03:38:03 -0600
Thank you, Kurt.  Brilliant advice/great reminder about dust.  Much appreciated.

I grew up on rumors about how the Henry Radio repair shop would take a Collins S-Line in for repair, throw it in the bathtub, and take a hose to it.  It always amazes me how "we as a society" somehow automatically assume water is bad near "electricity" without knowing more of the details.

Maybe it comes from that movie they showed us in 4th grade where that lady at the county fair tried to change a light bulb while standing in water.  Lots of sparks and screaming.  It gave me nightmares but I got over them.  She should probably not have stuck her fingers into the socket without turning it off first. But that might have been an issue even if she wasn't standing in water.

Still trying to understand the sparks.

Mark N5OT