Re: [Amps] Looking for Alpha 87A expertise

To: "amps@contesting.com" <amps@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [Amps] Looking for Alpha 87A expertise
From: Ron W4BIN Youvan <ka4inm@gmail.com>
Date: Sun, 14 Mar 2021 22:52:58 -0400
On 3/14/2021 10:16 PM, Jim wrote:

Doug ...

How fast is a PIN diode?  How fast is a 1N4007 in an Alpha 87? If you have not measured their speed, how can you make that statement?

  It is my understanding that the 1N4007 (only) IS a PIN diode and I have
used them to replace PIN diodes in relay-less 2 meter transceivers up to
35. Watts and normal operation and power were restored.
  Without failing.
--
  Ron  W4BIN - Understanding is much better than
                                    knowing how.