Re: [Amps] AL-811 Tube Swap

To: amps@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [Amps] AL-811 Tube Swap
From: Alek Petkovic <vk6apk@bigpond.com>
Date: Fri, 30 Apr 2021 08:19:07 +0800
The 572Bs will handle anything you throw at them in a AL-811 amplifier.

The power transformer won't.

73, Alek, VK6APK. Not claiming to be an experienced contributor.

On 29/04/2021 11:21 pm, Jay Sturtevant wrote:
Could the graphite plate of a 572B transform from a solid to a gas by
sublimation?

I would want to know a rough probability of damaging the finals (gassy) by
driving them with an input using audio compression or data in a contest or
bench test. Doesn't compression bring thd average output closer to peak
output? What's the area under the curve look like?

Perhaps some of the experienced contributors could give soe guidance.

Thanks for your help!

Jay, K2ZT