Re: [Amps] QRO Technologies HF2000 plate choke, cont.

To: amps@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [Amps] QRO Technologies HF2000 plate choke, cont.
From: "hzp_electronics@juno.com" <hzp_electronics@juno.com>
Date: Sun, 14 Nov 2021 23:24:04 GMT
Here is some food for thought.  In both my SB-220 and my HL-2200, I added a 10
ohm 10 watt resistor directly below the stock RFC and prior to the bypass
capacitor to ground.  Its purpose is to protect the power supply from plate to
grid shorts.  It seems that this resistance may have 'reduced' resonances in
the RFC circuit by accident.  If someone is doing some measurements, you might
check what a 10 ohm resistor in series with the RFC does to the resonances.
   73
.... Bill K3HZP