Re: [Amps] 8877 - HV with heater, or later?

To: <amps@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [Amps] 8877 - HV with heater, or later?
From: "Paul Christensen" <w9ac@arrl.net>
Date: Mon, 23 Jan 2023 16:19:50 -0500
The most recent Eimac 8877 datasheet from CPII shows a 3-minute filament
warm-up time:

https://www.cpii.com/docs/datasheets/76/3CX1500A7-8877.pdf

The 07/01/1975 datasheet revision that Vic referenced shows 90 seconds:

https://frank.pocnet.net/sheets/140/8/8877.pdf

Typical operation of the Alpha 77 series amps is to step-start filament and
1/2 plate voltage together (approx. 2KV).  Then after the warm-up period
completes, the operator may engage full HV at 4 KV.

Paul, W9AC