[Amps] Cleaning/lubing vacuum caps?

To: Amps group <amps@contesting.com>
Subject: [Amps] Cleaning/lubing vacuum caps?
From: Jim Barber <barberaudio@gmail.com>
Date: Fri, 3 Feb 2023 14:17:48 -0800
I have an old glass Jennings vacuum cap that pulls harder than I think it
should.

I've cleaned and lubed the puller screw, as well as the plates and bearing
in the end of the "puller housing". It helped some, but the cap still pulls
a little hard.

Has anyone removed the "puller housing", put the cap in a jig, pulled it
and cleaned/lubed the sleeve? That's the only other thing I can think of to
do, but I'm a little nervous about doing it.

Thanks,
Jim N7CXI