[Amps] Triode Questions

To: amps@contesting.com
Subject: [Amps] Triode Questions
From: Aleksandar Petkovic <vk6apk@bigpond.com>
Date: Tue, 14 Mar 2023 09:19:41 +0800
I'm in the throes of building a 6m amplifier using a GS35B tube. It is of course, indirectly heated and has one side of the heater connected to the cathode internally.

I have two questions, regarding various circuit techniques I have seen when deciding on what I'm going to use in my amp.

1. Should I use a separate cathode choke to connect the bias or should I just inject it at the transformer end of the heater choke, selecting the wire that connects to the heater/cathode junction? I have seen both techniques used and I'm wondering about the advantage or disadvantage of either method.

2. I have seen instances where there is a capacitor from the heater/cathode to the other side of the heater. Then, I've also seen instances where this capacitor is left out. Are there any reasons for or against using this capacitor? In my own mind, as it is indirectly heated, I cant see why the capacitor would be used.

I would be very interested in any facts or thoughts on those questions, as I finalise my design.

Thanks and 73, Alek VK6APK.