[Amps] ETO/Alpha 76 Tri-tube

To: "amps@contesting.com" <amps@contesting.com>
Subject: [Amps] ETO/Alpha 76 Tri-tube
From: Rob Atkinson <ranchorobbo@gmail.com>
Date: Sun, 16 Apr 2023 06:04:07 -0500
There's nothing wrong with a RCA jack for the input RF to a power
amplifier, except that you have to put a RCA plug on the end of a
feedline, which is about the easiest coaxial plug to install there is.
It wasn't done to save money; it was done to ensure that the user
connect the exciter to the amplifier input and the antenna to the
amplifier output and not swap the two mistakenly, something I once did
several years ago with identical rear panel jacks.  Collins used BNC
jacks for input for this reason; I'd prefer the ease of RCAs but the
catch is that you have to use a decent plug that is correctly sized to
make good contact.

73
Rob
K5UJ