[Amps] Fwd: World's worst coax connectors

To: Amps@contesting.com
Subject: [Amps] Fwd: World's worst coax connectors
From: "Joe Subich, W4TV" <lists@subich.com>
Date: Tue, 25 Apr 2023 16:41:27 -0400

though I suspect this was long before XLR connectors were common..

The Cannon plug/Cannon connector was invented by James H Cannon
prior to 1950.  The rubber insulated version (XLR) was first produced
in 1955 ... per:
   <https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/XLR_connector>

The XLR was all over the place in AV installations well prior to
the 1970s ... I was quite familiar with them in school AV settings
by that time.  They were certainly in universal use in broadcast
and recording studios by the mid 70's when I started in there -
given that the facilities were 10 or more years old, I would bet
the facility used to record Tubular Bells was almost entirely
XLR connectors.

73,

   ... Joe, W4TV