[Amps] Starting up a NEW Henry amp

To: "amps@contesting.com" <amps@contesting.com>
Subject: [Amps] Starting up a NEW Henry amp
From: Carl Braun <Carl.Braun@cattron.com>
Date: Sat, 21 Oct 2023 20:48:45 +0000
I'm headed out tomorrow am on my way to save a Henry 3K Ultra amplifier. I'm in
Wisconsin and the amp(s) is in Arizona. My buddy has gotten out of ham radio
years ago and still has this Henry 3K Ultra. He also has a second RF console
that came with it that has never been out of the crate. All of the hardware was
originally sold to General Dynamics in southern California. The crates console
still has the paper tag on it that shows delivery from Henry to Gen Dynamics.

My plan is to get the amp and extra console back home and get them back on the
air. I don't see myself doing anything other than plugging them into 240vac,
turn them on individually and letting the tube go thru a gettering process for
a day or so. These are 3cx1200D7 tubes with a controller that displays plate
and filament voltage so I can quickly see if anything is awry.

Any other suggestions from the group on starting these amps up?

Carl W9LF