Re: [Amps] Starting up a NEW Henry amp

To: amps@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [Amps] Starting up a NEW Henry amp
From: Jim Brown <jim@audiosystemsgroup.com>
Date: Tue, 12 Dec 2023 15:54:52 -0800
On 12/12/2023 1:37 PM, Alek Petkovic via Amps wrote:
For what it's worth, I have had terrible problems getting the input matching right on several amplifiers using the VNA, yet when using normal drive levels, as reccommended in the user/service manuals, tuning is a breeze. Therefore, I think that there is some truth in the assertion that tuning at low levels does not work properly.

Impedances include the tube(s) as active elements, and their contributions depend on their dynamic characteristics.

73, Jim K9YC