[antennaware] Re: [TowerTalk] vert. polarized yagi

To: <>
Subject: [antennaware] Re: [TowerTalk] vert. polarized yagi
From: (K4SB)
Date: Mon, 13 Apr 1998 21:26:29 -0700
Kc4zum wrote:

> However, most all amateur instalations are running yagis that are
> are horizontal, and that would mean a loss in cross polarization.
> 73
> Harvey, KM4JA

 I don't think so. Unless you are talking VHF operation. By the time a DX signal
arrives, it's
polarization is a mixture of horizontal and vertical.

Incidentally, I have a manual put out by Engineering Training section of
Bell, ( now
BellSouth ) called Fundamentals of Transmission Lines and Antennas. In it is a
which says "for operation below 30 MHz, vertical polarization is more effective"
Date of book
is October 1965.

I've always been curious how a 2 stack of vertical 10 meter beams would do.

This is "for what it's worth"