[antennaware] Re: [TowerTalk] vert. polarized yagi

To: <antennaware@contesting.com>
Subject: [antennaware] Re: [TowerTalk] vert. polarized yagi
From: w5hvv@aeneas.net (Roderick M. Fitz-Randolph)
Date: Tue, 14 Apr 1998 12:47:41 -0500
>If you are working mobiles, which are primarily vertical polarized, there
>would be no drawbacks. Vertical polarization would also have a lower angle of
>radiation. However, most all amateur instalations are running yagis that are
>are horizontal, and that would mean a loss in cross polarization.
>
>73
>Harvey, KM4JA
Harvey, I respectfully disagree for all but the most local conditions.
After the signal has bounced off of the ionosphere, it is no longer
only vertically polarized: in fact, I've read in a number of places that
the predominant mode, after ionospheric bounce, is horizontal polarization.
I cannot verify that because it has been too many years since I read that.

Rod, N5HV
w5hvv@aeneas.net

--
FAQ on WWW:               http://www.contesting.com/antennaware-faq.html