[antennaware] 2 Beams-VHF/HF-same mast?

To: <>
Subject: [antennaware] 2 Beams-VHF/HF-same mast?
From: (Gary Breed)
Date: Thu, 23 Apr 1998 11:04:35 -0400

The HF beams won't "see" the VHF antenna, but you want enough separation so
that the bigger antennas don't cause reflections that distort the VHF pattern.
Three feet is about a half-wave on 2M, and is the minimum you should accept
(air space between antennas, not center-to-center). I'd rather see five or six
feet of separation, especially if you have a tough path to the cluster node.

Gary, K9AY