[antennaware] 450 ohm feeder.

To: <antennaware@contesting.com>
Subject: [antennaware] 450 ohm feeder.
From: rwebb@danka.plc.uk (ROBERT)
Date: Fri, 16 Apr 1999 10:11:33 +0100
Hi all, I have an 80m end fed wire which goes 30ft up the side of the mast
and the the remainder is horizontal toward the house, this is fed against 4
1/2 wave buried radials, bent around the garden.
1st question is how close can the wire be to the tower before its
performance is affected ?
2nd question is I have been feeding it with 50ohm coax and using an mfj
tuner, now I am feeding it with 450 ohm ribbon cable conected to the
balunced line terminals on the tuner. What worries me is that im forcing
equal currents into my radials as i am into the antenna itself. Is this ok
or am I doing something wrong. Maybe the heat will help the flowers grow,
and i could sell the idea to my xyl.
 Tnx Robert ( G0URR )

--
FAQ on WWW:               http://www.contesting.com/antennaware-faq.html