[antennaware] Shareware

To: <antennaware@contesting.com>
Subject: [antennaware] Shareware
From: gary@noblepub.com (Gary Breed)
Date: Mon, 20 Mar 2000 16:27:58 -0500
Len

There are several good wire multiband antenna options with minimal
compromise in performance and matching on each of several bands.
One example is shown in my article in the ARRL Antenna Compendium V.
Although it is not a single wire, it can be made of wire and uses a
single feedline. There are many other possibilities as well.

A good modeling program would let you explore them before building.

I am not presently aware of shareware or freeware programs that are
readily used by a beginner. All the commercial programs I've seen
are worth the money -- I happen to use EZNEC by W7EL (w7el@eznec.com)
because I think it's the easiest one for making "tweaks" and
adjustments to the design.

73, Gary Breed
K9AY

--