[antennaware] question on ground system for good ground

To: <antennaware@contesting.com>
Subject: [antennaware] question on ground system for good ground
From: eric@k3na.org (Eric Scace K3NA)
Date: Thu, 19 Jul 2001 20:35:31 -0400
   The choice of elevations to make measurements is frequency dependent.  Pick
a "low" and "high" height that are appropriate to the
frequency band being considered.

   I'm not personally familiar with the computation limitations for NEC-2, but
know that there is some point which is "too close to
ground" to give accurate results.  The "low" height should be above any such
limit for the calculating engine.

   Lastly, don't be surprised if ground characteristics are different for
different bands.  RF penetration can be frequency
dependent.

-- Eric K3NA