[Antennaware] Modeling a composite antenna

To: <>
Subject: [Antennaware] Modeling a composite antenna
From: (Alex)
Date: Wed, 12 Jun 2002 12:28:08 -0400
I was describing the curvature of the antenna. A curtain antenna is never a
closed loop, or in this case a cylinder. But it can have a
specific curvature so there will be a focus!

I wrote "cylindrical" - please observe the quotes- as opposed to "spherical"
or "parabolic" surfaces. Please remember your spherical trigonometry :)

In my case the curtain has a horizontal cylindrical angle of about 10 to 20
degrees due to the limitations imposed by the trees which are used as
infrastructure for it.

Preliminary computations show a 70dB B/F ratio - for the composite system -
with a quite a wide horizontal dispersment. Forward gain is only improved by
2.7dB. I kind's hopped to get some more. I think the curtain is to long
horizontally for the 20m band. I'll try to make it exactly one lambda for a
specific freq.

Thank you for your reply.