[Antennaware] coax monopoles and more

To: <>
Subject: [Antennaware] coax monopoles and more
From: (
Date: Tue, 23 Jul 2002 08:00:26 EDT
In a message dated 7/23/2002 4:02:45 AM Pacific Daylight Time, writes:
> At 12:43 PM 7/23/02 +0200, Maurizio Panicara wrote:
> >Independently by its peculiar high angle radiation, not every contact
> needs
> >low angle radiation, an orizontal antenna close to a real ground has large
> >losses that seriosly affect the overall efficiency.
> >Any modeling software I tried seems to under estimate those real losses.
> Which raises again the question of using stacked dipoles for an NVIS
> antenna, with the upper one fed and the lower one used as a
> reflector.  Hypothetically, wouldn't that improve the loss situation, if
> the reflector was some distance above the ground surface?
> 73, Pete N4ZR
> Check out the World HF
> Contest Station Database at
Reflectors underneath do improve performance of high angle antennas.  I've
used them under horizontal quads and installed quad reflectors on the ground
of progressively difference sizes with obvious beneficial results.  I will
have a QTH where I can install one installation with and one without a
reflector or ground radials of the right orienation and compare--side by
     One comparative test is is worth 1000 opinions and soft ware
predictions.  (Old K7GCO Axoim)