[Antennaware] Balloon vertical

To: <>
Subject: [Antennaware] Balloon vertical
From: (Ted Bohrer)
Date: Thu, 17 Oct 2002 15:16:11 -0700
Hello Group,
How many things can go wrong by sending a helium balloon up carrying
a long wire for a vertical antenna? It would be for 20 M - 10 M.

I can do this in a marshy area near Newport Beach. At least there are
no electrical or telephone lines in the area.
At the bottom of the proposed contraption is my Sebring convertible
with a 706 in it.

Would I throw the ground radial into the saltwater 100' away?

Has anybody braved this portable excuse for an antenna?

Ted     N7QY
Always make the antenna as long as possible, and erect it as high as
possible. --- and if such an antenna stays up, it's too small.