[Antennaware] 20m delta loop

To: <antennaware@contesting.com>
Subject: [Antennaware] 20m delta loop
From: iz4efn@libero.it (IZ4EFN - Alessio)
Date: Thu, 2 Jan 2003 15:02:41 +0100
Thanks Jay, you really helped us cause many books talks about this 70-75
Ohms 1/4 WL balun at the feedpoint, but no one of the time had ever had
enough courage to try that! :-)

Gonna see tomorrow nigth!

I also wanna ask you this:
according to a project published in an Italian manual we fixed a gamma match
on one side of the radiating element.
It's 89cm long and we introduced in it the central conductor of the coax,
for all the length of the gamma match, without ANY electrical connection
with the antenna, as the amnual says, something as a capacitor.
After that, we connected the ground of the coax to the boom of the entire
antenna.

Moving the gamma match, the spacings, the legth of the cable inside it,
never seemed to let the ratio move or change neither in some little low
ratio (2,5...not so weak...) spikes frequency...

Do you think we doing something wrong?

Thanks and sorry for the bad English!

Alex.