[Antennaware] Height

To: <antennaware@contesting.com>
Subject: [Antennaware] Height
From: sm3cwe.owe at telia.com (owe persson)
Date: Thu Apr 17 17:51:00 2003
Hi again Fabio and Guy,
Oh, I didn?t know you were  surrounded by so many buildings close to your QTH,
Fabio. It will therefore give you a very complex take-off  picture. If you have
a 3-4 el beam on 20m it will give you the maximum signal in approx 12 degrees
anyhow , but you will have a bit worse front to back and a bit worse gain than
you will have if you put up an antenna with "nothing" surrounding your QTH.

But you have to deal with the situation and you will have many good QSO:s in
the future.

I can tell you, I have two QTH:s, one close to the town with many houses around
my QTH, and one at my summer-QTH 100m away from the Baltic sea. And
what a difference. With the same type of antenna at equal higth  I have to use
the PA (+15 dB) at my ordinary QTH and doesn?t  come up to the same signal as I
get from my summer-QTH without the PA.

73 de Owe /SM3CWE