[Antennaware] Radial mats under dipole

Subject: [Antennaware] Radial mats under dipole
From: David Gould <>
Date: Sun, 13 Jun 2004 11:36:13 +0100
I have a 108ft (33m) vertical, with 40 150ft(46m) buried radials, which I use for 160/80m.

For an upcoming 160m contest we plan to remove the top 33ft(10m) and put an inverted V dipole fed direct with coax at 75ft (23m). The question is what to do with the buried radials - should the buried radials be attached anywhere or left independent?

Second I want to cut some coax to AN EXACT half-wavelength. I have an MFJ analyser but after a quick bit of research I cannot find a method of doing this, can anyone advise?

Dave G3UEG