Re: [Antennaware] Radial mats under dipole

To: <>,"David Gould" <>
Subject: Re: [Antennaware] Radial mats under dipole
From: "Guy Olinger, K2AV" <>
Date: Sun, 13 Jun 2004 15:11:12 -0400
With respect to the folded dipole... For 160m stations at any real
distance the 33m vertical and 40 radials will vastly outperform an
inverted vee at only ~ 1/8 wave height. W8JI has tested a dipole at
more than 1/2 wave height. Even at that height, where a dipole starts
to perform well for DX, he does not report it as superior to his
vertical antennas.

At 1/8 wave, the antenna will be a cloud burner, directing the vast
majority of it's energy straight up. If that's what you want then have
at it.

73, Guy.