Re: [Antennaware] Broadcast verticals

To: Joe Reisert <W1JR@arrl.net>
Subject: Re: [Antennaware] Broadcast verticals
From: Terry Conboy <n6ry@arrl.net>
Date: Wed, 22 Dec 2004 15:23:26 -0800
At 11:33 AM 2004-12-22, you wrote:
A few months ago someone referenced an article in the June, 2004 IEEE transactions on Broadcast (?) with info on a new shortened type of vertical antenna (I believe 1/8 WL high). Somehow I misplaced the reference. Does anyone on this reflector have such access or knowledge of this article and how I can obtain a copy?

Joe,

I have the June 2004 issue of IEEE Trans on BC. On page 142, there is a paper "Compact Medium Wave Transmitting Antennas" by Clarence M. Beverage of Communications Technologies, Inc. The paper compares the GAP "Minimum Reactance Antenna" (formerly Super-C) with the Parasol (aka Umbrella) Antenna designed by Al Christman (K3LC) and C. M. Beverage using test antennas on 14.05 MHz. Is that the one you were looking for?

K3LC wrote about his antenna in the Oct 2000 issue of QST, p43. There are also three .pdf's relating to the Parasol at http://www.commtechrf.com/amantenna.asp. If you would like, I can photocopy the 6 page paper for you.

73 Terry N6RY
Carlsbad, CA